Monday, June 23, 2008

Bloody Les Paulish Guitar

My pal Mark gave me a stripped to nothing but wood Roland Synth Guitar with a cracked neck and a ton of funky pickup routs.
I filled all the routs, stuck a bigsby clone on it and a few custom P-90's from my pal Clint at www.searcystringworks.com.
It weighs a ton, and screams like a dying pig being eaten by a giant flying vampire bat.
I stripped it down to bare wood and added the bloody looking paint job using tinted shellac, and stabbed on a coat of nitro lacquer with a nasty old paint brush to make it look like dried blood.
I added some of my own blood by accident, too.
Sometimes you really get into your work in ways you don't expect.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rev J D said...

i still dream about this guitar. it sounds beautiful in my memory.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Rev J D said...

especially the marshall setting, but the other amp settings too. except the too-loud one. it's too loud.

6:15 PM  
Blogger M said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

Fabulous looking guitar. Actually I love them all, and I wonder would you sell any of them to a liberal folky-rocky musician malcontent from Minnesota? If so, please advise. I have been dreaming of a double neck mando(la/cello) Guitar for 20 years or more....

12:17 PM  
Blogger LiiiLi said...

everything i saw i like, it is art.
sure i have my favorites
[Bloody Les Paulish Guitar; Cartoon Guitar, but only the smaller part in the picture); Dreadfull Eva and Her Acoustic Guitar; Steampunk Flying V; Three more electrics things, one a mandocellocaster(the yellowgreen); Woodcut Gutiar, Detail Headshot; Peter's Bubinga Six String; Another Bling-o-caster; Spalted Walnut Bass Guitar; Double Neck, Ocatve Mandolin, Six String Guitar],
but it depends on the taste.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Claudio Kezen said...

Great job, Ellie. The guitar looks amazing! Greetings from Brazil.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Anant said...

amazing blog dear
https://sites.google.com/site/hargaobatdetoxic/

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home